Thursday, September 27, 2012
Monday, September 24, 2012
* dinner with a good friend.
* the absence of humidity and high temperatures
* josiah coming home after spending time at the nephew's. he was so happy to see me and met me right at the door with a huge jump. i was so distracted that i left my keys in the door. love that dog.
* my dad is okay and I'm so glad.
* walks in the cool fall air.
* good books. a cup of herb tea. hammock time.
* a good sweaty workout.
* doctor who with friends.
* and this little bit of fall color brings mixed emotions. while I love fall i am not quite ready to welcome it with open arms...yet.
* i love this apron made for me by one of my talented SILs. it just makes me smile and feel wonder-ful.
p.s. published from my Droid phone; hence the awkward line up text and photos. not many editing options on my phone.
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Monday, September 17, 2012
* my mom. she makes me laugh. especially with stories about late night... oops, i promised not to tell.
* a divine dinner of leftovers with a good friend. it was such a fun night of eating good, healthy food and talking. i need to do this more often.
* i made this surprisingly good little salad using up what i had in my fridge. into a small bowl quarter and slice some english cucumer, cut into chunks a small avocado, and cut up two string cheese sticks. toss with some balsamic vinegrette and serve. yum!
* i love fall cleaning. it feels so good to deep clean and freshen things up.
* watching tv and crocheting. i'm working on a baby blanket for a friend.
* receiving much sought after inspiration.
* gelato and deep conversation about hard stuff with my dearest LLR. this too shall pass. life is hard sometimes, and we don't always get what we want. but life is good, i wouldn't trade any of it.
* people who help other people.
* laughing at the sunday comics.
* my job. amazingly, i smiled quite a bit this week over my job. i feel so blessed to be where i am right now.
* another weekend of chiefs training. it was amazing and humbling to be a part of it. plus, catching up with my brothers and sisters is always so much fun.
* at the end of a very long, working weekend i finally sat down to play the piano and just felt the tension drain away. thank you.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
|WTC skyline sculpture made of metal from the wreckage|
|fireman's coat at St. Paul's Chapel|
|memorial at St. Paul's chapel|
|9-11 Memorial fountain|
|panorama from WTC plaza overlooking one of the fountains|
|9-11 Memorial fountain at the foot of Freedom Tower 1(?)|
|a vertical panorama of Freedom Tower down to the memorial fountain|
|the Survivor Tree|
more of my photos here