Monday, March 24, 2008

Finally some photos from Afghanistan

















One of the guys shared his photos from the first mission out with me. This what Farah, Afghanistan looks like, desert and mountains.














Looking down into Farah city during the first mission out.















Mountains outside the wire. Beautiful aren't they?
















Me at 0200 in the morning, sitting inside a C-130 waiting for take off on the way to Kandahar. Yes, that's one of the new up-armored Humvees in the background. Notice my new, short haircut.

















Me and one of the guys in front of Boyer Hall at FOB Farah. This was taken on Easter Sunday after all the excitement at the gate.

I hope you enjoyed the photos. I'll post more when I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must have known you were coming to name the hall. You have some clout.
RELB

Anonymous said...

Christine, love the pics! Ange and I are so proud of you for serving your country. Keep up the good spirits and know we are thinking of you all the time. I have saved the "Mountains Outside the Wire" pic as my computer wallpaper at home and work. BTW everyone here is very impressed with your writings...we look forward to more from you soon. David & Ange in Yorktown