Sunday, January 3, 2010

after the after

On New Year's Eve I threw a Party.

Maybe threw isn't the right word--I hosted a game night with goodies on the side.
We ate.
We played Uno Attack.
We ate more.
We watched the ball drop and toasted in the new year with fake champagne.
We played Apples to Apples.
We ate some more.

Okay, maybe I did throw a Party.

Amazingly, with all that we ate I still had
so much leftover food

Today I hosted the After Party.
In church it was Fast Sunday, so we re-convened to break our fasts at my house to polish off the leftovers.
We ate and ate.  
I even invited the missionaries over, because I figured they would be the sure-fire cure for leftovers.  I mean male 19-year olds eat a lot, right?

I still have a ton of leftovers. 

So, tomorrow evening I'm hosting the After-the-After Party,
i.e., Family Home Evening
to polish off  the rest of the leftovers. 

Seriously, I didn't think I had made that much food, but with all the food everyone else brought with them it turned into a veritable feast.

We had:
meatballs in a grape jelly and chili sauce sauce (no, it's not a Utah thing!)
bruschetta
herbed grounay
garlic hummus
chived cream cheese
assorted crackers
toasted baguette
crudités
spiced raisin oatmeal cookies drizzled in white chocolate
candy cane brownies
an assortment of SS's mom's homemade Christmas cookies
jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese wrapped in bacon (divine!)
chocolate mousse cake (yum!)
pasta (only for the after party)
mini crabcakes
mini quiches
cheese twists
salsa
guacamole (my specialty)
whole grain tortilla chips
and
assorted Italian sodas.

Who knew this would turn into a three day event?

Here's to leftovers!




image from: toonpool.com


1 comment:

Globe Trecker said...

That sounds like so much fun! Happy New Year! We'll have to chat sometime soon. We set up a U.S. number here in NZ and so it is free now. Woohoo!