Thursday, September 24, 2009

looking for a place

I’m looking for a new place to live, which can fun or really frustrating.
Today was frustrating.
Today I need to smile and dream...
I have an unlimited budget for housing and utilities.

I would petition the city for this building.
It was erected in 1894. The marble plaque in between the windows says so.
Look at that space on the left. I’m thinking landscaping, a tiered vegetable garden, a water feature, and a small table and chairs under a tree. I love how wide it is. Maybe I’d make two houses… or not.
Off street parking, oh baby! I just think it has so much potential.

Plus look at that brick work. Gorgeous!

I would leave the Engine House No 10 lettering right where it was. And the fire pole too.

Or maybe I want to live in yellow or purple. What color would you paint your house?



I want to live in a skinny house on a corner with this great yard. I love this house. It’s old, it needs work.
I love that it’s on a corner and it has funny angles in the rooms. So much potential. So much work!


Or maybe I want round tower rooms and a balcony for my matching castles.
“Rapunzel let your hair down. It’s me, your Prince Charming.”
I think I would just have to put this sofa in one of the round rooms. A girl can dream, right?


This just makes me smile. I love all the colors and the skyline marching down the block.
One of these things is not like the other.
It makes me smile and I need this today.

Pray that I find a good, safe place to live. Thank you.
photos by me on capitol hill, dc

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I see you've been walking around our neighborhood. Good luck finding a place. I particularly like the last photo with the crayon-box effect.

teabelly said...

i kinda think the fire engine #10 would be awesome. but they are all cool places. if you decided to do a fixer upper, i have all the warnings and know some contractors.