Saturday, October 10, 2009

the best laid plans


Sometimes even the best laid plans go awry. I suppose it's only fitting that on the weekend honoring Christopher Columbus's discovery of the Americas, that my moving plans would go awry. You see Columbus didn't set out to discover a new land, he only wanted to find another way to get to the Indies. Things just didn't go as he had planned.

So, in spite of my best laid plans I didn't move this weekend. The landlord and his soon to be ex-wife are discussing the use of the building which houses the apartment I fell in love with. She wants to turn them into condos and he wants to rent them because in the meantime he is responsible for paying the mortgage. He's talking with the lawyers about this and will get back to me by Tuesday at the latest. He even offered to help me move in if it all works out. I still feel good about this place, and I'm not ready to give up on it yet. But, ya gotta have a back up.

I looked at another place today which was in the same price range and almost as nice. It didn't feel quite like home the way the other place did. Still I have a back up plan and will be moving sometime next week. I'll figure it out.

I am enjoying this weekend. I'm doing the things I need to do, but doing them when I want and I'm packing up things every so often. It's so much better than what I originally planned.

Happy three day weekend in honor of Columbus! And may your best laid plans sometimes go awry because often what happens is better than what you had planned.
landing of columbus from wickimedia.org

2 comments:

Mommas Soapbox said...

I had to check my rugrats schedule when i saw the 3 day weekend comment. Oh my do we get an extra day!?!

but sadly we don't...darnit.

I do hope you enjoy yours.

Globe Trecker said...

Love how you compared this to Columbus. I really hope it works out because where you live is really important--it's your space, and you want to love it. Or at least like it, right?

Good luck! Keep us all posted.