Wednesday, October 7, 2009

breathe

Verb: breathe breedh
1. Draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs
2. Be alive
3. Impart as if by breathing
4. Allow the passage of air through
5. Utter or tell
6. Manifest or evince
7. Take a short break from one’s activities in order to relax
8. Reach full flavor by absorbing air and being let to stand after having been uncorked
9. Expel (gases or odours)


I like numbers 1, 2, and 7. I think I need to breathe this week.

inhale. exhale. inhale. exhale.

I think I’m still alive… inhale. exhale. inhale. exha-a-a-a-le.

My head is going a million miles an hour. I’m bringing work home with me. I’m still apartment hunting. I haven’t even started to pack yet. I have two pies that aren’t in the oven yet, because I just can’t bring myself to make them and I need them for work tomorrow. I’m putting it off by typing this to clear my head.

Oh, and as for number 9, I thought that was called something else entirely.

I need to breathe. After tomorrow I think I can. Yay for three day weekends!

I will breathe this weekend.

In the meantime I keep reminding myself… inhale. exhale. inhale. exhale…

1 comment:

deb sorensen said...

you have it in the wrong order, it's exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale...

#9 should leave!