* sometimes friendships take me by surprise. i realize suddenly, that hey, we're friends now and no longer just colleagues. this is a good thing.
* i had duty a couple of weekends ago with my reserve unit. it was really fun and lots of hard work. it's just a really good group of people, all of whom i'm looking forward to getting to know better. plus, the potential travel opportunities are a very fun plus.
* i'm very thankful for weekends, especially long weekends.
* a day at mount vernon with another lovely lady. it was a beautiful and warm day for january, that it was perfect to be walking around mr. washington's estate and enjoying the good company of llm. the conversation was good and meaningful. it was time well spent.
|the front view of mount vernon in winter|
|the back view of mount vernon in winter|
|the potomac river view from mount vernon in winter|
* learning hard things about myself is not always fun. it means there's more growing up to do. i'm thankful for friends who have the courage to tell me the truth and encourage me along in the journey.
* a couple of weeks ago, i requested to have a somewhat difficult conversation with my boss. the morning of my appointment, i walked into his office, and he announced that the issue was no longer an issue. it had resolved itself in a surprising way that left me feeling very much relieved. prayers are indeed answered.
* more crocheting and hat looming. i spent a delightful evening with the young men and women of two congregations teaching them how make a hat on a knitting loom. it was really fun and good teaching practice for me.
* stake conference with all the area congregations was really nice. it was such a spiritual feast of goodness and love. i felt very blessed to be there.
* spending time with my roommate's family. it was such fun to be a part of her family get-together. we celebrated a 49ers win which takes them to the superbowl and had some amazing food as well.
* i like to bake and making cinnamon rolls is really a lot of fun.
* the elders (missionaries) from my ward stopped by and sang christmas carols for me. it was a bit late, but because i was sick they hadn't stopped by during the holidays. i got a late christmas treat of two of my favorite carols complete with harmonica accompaniment.
* josiah is such a smart dog. the other night in the kitchen, he planted himself on the floor right in front of me and made sure he had my attention. he then looked over at the dresser on top of which his doggy treats are stored and licked his lips. gee... i wonder what he could want?
* warm lemon and honey tea. soup of any kind, but especially from 7th hill (the fresh baked cheese bread that comes with the soup is heavenly). finally catching up with a good friend over lunch. warm slippers. lots of bed covers. josiah, the dog, demanding to be petted and cuddled.
* my very full and varied life. i am so very blessed to be where i am and among the people in my life right now.