so many smiles with laughter, and smiles through tears lately. i just feel the need to say it all out loud again.
* my family's reunion in nauvoo, illinois. so much fun and so many memories. a loose tooth, scaring older cousins again and again, river sunsets, hugs, fireflies, concern for my singleness from my nephews, cousins!, ice cream for lunch, a's little smile. all this and so much more did my heart good!
* time spent with 3 lifelong friends who can still come together to make new stories while retelling the old ones, who just love each other, who just enjoy the good company.
* time with family friends who were part of our missionary experience.
* people i work with who say, "I'll pray for you and your family." and knowing they mean it.
* a quick trip home to paradise, utah. even though it was for my aunt's funeral it was so nice to be with my family again. my heart needed it.
* weeding. nothing better than yanking weeds to take life's frustrations.
* answers to prayers before i knew i needed to pray them.
* dinner with friends and catching up after not having talked for years and years.
* a lonely cat who wanted my company.
* coming home.
* next please. i'm ready.
* a best friend who: picked me up early from the airport. made sure i ate actual food. got home safe. checked in with me the next day and made sure i ate real food again. was good company. gave me hope. and confirmed a right decision.
* getting on the earlier flight which i made by the skin of my teeth.
* flying over the Grand Canyon. seriously beautiful.
* keeping my mom company.
* hugs from nieces and nephews who saw me only a week prior, but the hugs are just as enthusiastic as if it's been a year.
* time talking with my sister and mom.
* aunt 'tine and aunt becky in action.
* my poor nephew's face after he met the treadmill on high. ouch! his big sister and cousin who jumped in to save him and unplug everything.
* seeing someone I grew up with who is happy in her life. and having things work out.
* the serendipity of asking for a ride from the airport and getting the opportunity to visit with a high school friend who was giving her husband a ride to the airport at the same time. not much more serendipitous than that.
* a cancelled flight. a paid for hotel room. and being able to receive the phone call.
* i caught a fish and cleaned it. it was so gross.
* washington, dc at night on the mall.
* the illinois sky at night. stars, stars and more stars.
* this book: A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet was perfect reading for flying home and back for a funeral. reflections on why family stories are necessary to life. amen!
* conference talks. 3 Nephi 11. Matthew 6:10.
* siblings who text me photos of their kids. smiles galore.
* a housemate who prayed right then and there for me.
* homemade cinnamon rolls.
* my own bed.
* waking up without an alarm.
* friends who send texts at the right time.
* a ride to church.
* second chances.