Friday, January 2, 2015

new

Happy New Year!

It's so strange to my head that it's 2015 already... and we are already 1.5 days into it. I must say that this year is definitely off to a much more intriguing start than last year. Woop woop!

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I want. Selfish, I know, but I realized that it's a really important and big question for me. I was asked what I wanted for Christmas and I didn't have an answer. I honestly didn't know. A friend recently asked, "What do you want me to do for you?" and again I didn't know. So it feels right that I start this new year off by asking myself what do I want. I hope to figure it out this year.

Things I'm going to do this year:

1. Be the biggest loser and get my butt to bed earlier
2. Keep the Sabbath day holy
3. Learn how to create and follow a budget, and then do it!
4. Read more books, watch less stuff
5. Read the Book of Mormon again with real intent
6. Set a retirement date from the Navy Reserve and begin planning it
7. Call more and text less
8. Forgive myself, and trust God more
9. Sing and play the piano more
10. Be open and available to answer the call
11. Answer the question "What do I want?"
12. Be the hopeful romantic

This all feels do-able.

No comments: