Monday, May 10, 2010

winning the battle - week 9

0 pounds lost this week, in fact, 1 pound gained.

I injured my back last week and was unable to work out.  It was hard to wrap my head around stopping this week and letting my back and body rest.  My head didn't like it so much.

I learned once again that I am a total emotional eater.
And my drug of choice when I hurt is chocolate
Not exactly the wisest of food choices.
I needed to get my endorphine high somehow.
(Yep, that's the not-so-logical logic that I used.)
And chocolate seemed to me a good way to do this.

I was also reminded how important it is to listen to my body.  It really does know best and if I stop to listen for a moment, it tells me what it really wants and needs.  Try it some time, you'll be surprised what you hear.

more on these homemade, hand-dipped beauties to come

1 comment:

deb sorensen said...

Ummmm...yum!

sorry about your back, Cousin! that sounds awful. Hope it gets better soon. only 1 lb gained after a week of eating chocolate!? I'd say that's pretty remarkable.