Monday, May 3, 2010

winning the battle - week 8

1 more pound down.  10 pounds altogether!  i'm almost halfway there.

this week's topic is motivation.  what motivates me?  'tis a good question.

i've thought a lot about this lately.  why do i really want to lose the weight?  what is it that will keep me from returning to my old habits?  what will i do to maintain my new weight and my new habits?  i don't have all the answers yet, but i'm getting there.

one of the things that excites me about losing the weight is the thought of not having the little bulge around the waistband of my jeans.  i remember when i returned home from afghanistan, my jeans fit awesome and my curvy silhouette was smooth in all the right places.  i want that body back again.  that's one motivation.

my core has always been my weakest link.  i want to be strong in my core.  i think that's one of the keys to feeling stronger period.  that's another motivation.

i have two dresses in my closet that i want to wear.  one is red and looks amazing on.  it will only look better later.  the other dress is a cute little, deep purple, cotton, peasant number that i found when i started the diet and fell in love with.  more motivation.

my sister and i have been talking about running a marathon together for several years now.  i want to be strong enough to do this, so me losing weight and changing my habits are steps towards running a marathon with my sister.  another motivation.

most important, i want to do this.  i want to feel better, stronger, healthier.  i want to be my best self.  that's the true motivation.

image here

3 comments:

Globe Trecker said...

Good on ya! That's awesome!

Tara said...

Yeah 10 lb.!!!!! That's a lot of weight--and at this point you can see some good happening, which makes it easier to keep it up! I think the first 10 are the hardest to loose, after that you crave the better fitting clothes, and feeling better. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Excellent news!

I have a great personal trainer. She does pilates (for core strength), but also helps people prepare for triathalons. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with her.