Sunday, November 21, 2010

thank you for babies

Today I help the yummiest little baby while his mommy, my friend KC, directed class at church. Baby F was absolutely the calmest, happiest little one I've held in a while, and only fussed when he got really tired. I took one look at his tired little face, stood up and cuddled him in the crook of my arm as I rocked him back and forth. He snuggled right in and looked up at me with his big brown eyes, smiled with relief and thanks, and then closed his eyes. Within moments he was fast asleep and didn't move for the next thirty minutes. He woke up totally happy and didn't even fuss at all when he realized I wasn't his mommy. He just smiled, played with my jewelry and made happy baby noises until class was over and I returned him to his mother. It was the best hour of church in a long time.

Today I am thankful for babies and how much love they give.

No comments: