Monday, September 12, 2011

things that made me smile

- chasing that darn dog!

- going to church with a friend from Afghanistan who was an answer to prayers.

- having a housemate.

- cooking for a group and for myself.

- sunshine!

- rain!

- a red velvet cupcake from the sweet lobby from my housemate.

- shoe shopping with friend OS when our sky diving was cancelled due to rain, and these new shoes.

- calling my mom to sing her "happy birthday".

- the movie Hitch. i laugh every time.

- remembering.

- reading out loud to myself poetry from the book "The Subject Tonight Is Love" by Hafiz. i highly recommend his poetry and this poem in particular:

"I caught the happy virus last night
When I was out singing beneath the stars.
It is remarkably contagious--
So kiss me."

2 comments:

mwoodall said...

I want to catch the happy virus! Haha! I've been to Sweet Lobby too. I need to try their macaroons next. Glad you have plenty of reasons to smile! :)

Globe Trecker said...

These things are fantastic! Don't you just love keeping track of these things? It is a great way to journal! I think I will start following suit;)