* alone time.
* lots of time spent with friends at the theater, a birthday party, change of command and retirement ceremonies, church and online.
* my sister. i love her sooooo much!
* dinner with the top leadership in my reserve unit. i am so blessed to work with some really good people.
* christmas decor and lights are popping up all over the neighborhood.
* church in the afternoon at a new location. i liked the afternoon church this past sunday because at the end of my busy-ness i could get to church and not miss too much of it.
* the beginning of a much needed conversation.
* the sunset over the anacostia river on the way home from church. it was gloriously orange and reflected beautifully in the water.
* getting some sleep and having some goofy dreams about michelle obama being my new best friend and another about runaway reindeer a la ernest saves christmas. i woke up laughing.
* planning time to see friends and catch up.
* spending an evening with kevin kline. i so enjoy the theater.
* christmas music on my ipod while wrapping 700 lights on my dogwood tree only to discover that i had no way to plug them in... and then figuring out how to plug them in. big, big smile.
* actually doing something i pinned on pinterest.com.
* remembering christmas past and appreciating christmas present.
* making arrangements for the Messiah at the kennedy center. my favorite.
* writing my list of things that made me smile this week. it was a really fun week.