* i spent the weekend in laramie, wyoming visiting brother R1 and his family.
* i died so many times this weekend. i was the evil sith lordess darth marie, and i had four young jedi who continually sought to vanquish me. they succeeded on multiple occasions. we also made a movie about all this with light saber action galore. according to nephew C i have pretty good light saber skills.
* one-on-one time with each member of my brother's family. i got to hear about school, friends and books. art and drawing. being shy and having a hard time making friends, and star wars. waiting another year to go to school and how to kill a jedi. making chocolate chip pancakes and getting kisses. lots and lost of smiles and loves. deep gospel and life discussion along with a little teasing. chipotle for lunch while waiting for the first of many delayed flights.
* i went fishing for real and caught my first (four) fish. i didn't bait the hooks or clean them, because that's why i have nieces and nephews, and a brother. lake marie is beautiful. there was still 5 feet of snow on the ground.
* the memorial day ceremony. man, those old veterans sure bring a tear to my eye.
* a hotdog roast picnic at vedauwoo. filming scenes for our jedi movie. hiking to one of the most glorious views i've ever seen.
* it was a much needed weekend. pictures to follow, along with a homemade movie.
i'm already homesick for these guys.