Sunday, November 25, 2012

doctor who in nyc

Time for a little catching up from the past few months.

At the end of August, my inner geek came out again only this time in NYC. We scored tickets in late August to a sneak preview of the Doctor Who Season 7 premier and spent the weekend playing in NYC. It was brilliant.

First there was waiting... lots of waiting.

Then there was the Doctor...

...in real life with Amy Pond. 

Matt Smith and Karen Gillan were so much fun.
They really enjoyed talking with us and answering questions. 
They even arrived at the premier in a DeLorean, which is almost as good as a TARDIS.


It was so much fun to watch the season premier with so many fans, and it was so good. 
I've never seen so many sonic screw drivers in one room. 



If you're a true Whovian, you'll totally get why we were a little distressed to find this picture in our hotel room. Whovians don't do stone angels of any sort. Somehow we managed to survive the night.

I wish that we had managed to snap a photo of the empty pedestal labelled "Angel" at The Frick Collection. We were very concerned about an angel on the loose, and rightfully so given the last episode of Doctor Who, Season 7. Truly frightening.
~~~.~~~
And then we explored NYC... It's such a beautiful, gritty city.


Yup, that's the moon up there.


I love how New York makes me look up at every turn.


Classic.
"I was looking up... It was the nearest thing to heaven. You were there."
name that movie...


I really enjoy the details of art deco architecture.

And oh the food at Via Quadronno... 
It was the perfect meal to end our NYC adventure.

I cannot wait to go back.

All photos were taken using my Droid Incredible 2 phone and edited using Picasa.

1 comment: