Sunday, November 25, 2012

shore leave sci-fi convetion 2012

I'm playing a little catch up here....

Shore Leave is the largest fan-run science fiction on the east coast and it's lots of fun. I went with a couple of friends and spent a Saturday in August enjoying my geekiness.


Kate Mulgrew aka Captain Kathryn Janeway of Star Trek Voyager was the headlining artist. What a gracious and delightful woman. She was so interesting, and very genuine. I felt that she really enjoyed being there and sharing her STV experiences. 


Lavar Burton (LT Geordi LaForge, Chief Engineering Officer of Star Trek Next Generation)
Me (just a fan)
Kate Mulgrew (Captain Kathryn Janeway of Star Trek Voyager)
(I took a photo of my photo to share here, because I don't have my scanner hooked up.)


A convention attendee playing The Doctor with a host of other Doctors.


A 12 year old dressed as the Tenth Doctor.
I loved all the Doctor Who fans.


Someone turned their hybrid vehicle into a Star Trek shuttle craft.


Check out the license plate ENTRPR A... apparently a die hard fan.



Where else in the universe would you run into R2D2 and his trusty Jedi handler?
The Jedi built this R2 unit himself and handcrafted many of the parts himself.

This was such a fun day. I went to several panels, but my favorite was the Downton Abbey panel. Yes, you read that right. It so much fun to geek out with a large room full of DA fans, and the discussion was great. One of the moderators really did his job and kept us all on track.

All in all a very fun time. And yes, I am a geek. _\V/




No comments: