Thursday, October 25, 2012

thoughtful thursday: do you love me?

My carpool friend and I listened to elder Holland’s address from general conference on the way to work one morning. It's a beautiful sermon on loving god and Jesus Christ. Read and listen here.

This sermon was followed by this beautiful children's primary song, which I’m unable to stop thinking about. Download it here. Words and music by Sally DeFord.

If the Savior stood beside me,
Would I do the things I do?
Would I think of his commandments
And try harder to be true?
Would I follow in His example?
Would I live more righteously if I could see
The Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me,
Would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind
If He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?
Would I speak more reverently if I could see
The Savior standing nigh watching over me?

He is always near me though
I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly,
I am in His watchful care.
So I’ll be the kind of person that
I know I’d like to be if I could see
The Savior standing nigh watching over me.

No comments: