Friday, December 14, 2012

2nd day of christmas


The magi, as you know, were wise men - wonderfully wise men who brought gifts to the Babe in the manger. They invented the art of giving Christmas presents. ~O. Henry

One year my mom wanted new furniture for our newly painted living room. After weeks of shopping she finally made her decisions and told my dad what she wanted. Dad had the shopping list and went over to the local furniture store after work. He came home and told my mom the bad news. Someone else had bought the living room set she wanted. It would be months before the same set would be available. I remember my mom was very disappointed.

Christmas morning arrived and on the tree were white envelopes addressed to my mom. She opened them to find receipts from the furniture store for all the furniture she had chosen plus a few more pieces. Dad was a little sneaky that year...

No comments: