Tuesday, February 22, 2011

20 minutes in paradise

Yesterday the parking gods were on my side, because everywhere I drove in the city I found parking and only one time did I have to pay. I only had enough change on me to pay for 20 minutes of parking before entering the mini-paradise of the U.S. Botanic Garden Conservatory. I had to make every minute count.

There's something about garden spaces that just do my heart good. The orchids in every room were especially stunning. The amaryllis were gorgeous. And all the different shades of green in the foliage were beautiful and the shapes were fascinating. The ambient sound of running water in almost every room was very relaxing. It was 20 minutes well spent.





I want a garden of gardenias. The aroma is divine.





The wishing pond.






The Bird of Paradise or Strelitzia flower

The Passion Flower or Passiflora. It's one of the coolest.

2 comments:

waynedwardboyer said...

Wish I was there with you! -Nick

Globe Trecker said...

Gorgeous! I bet it was nice and warm too:)