Wednesday, February 2, 2011

a cold

today is one of those days where i feel my body hitting the wall.
i've been fighting a cold for a week now.
i think the cold is winning...



and because i feel crummy,
everything i feel crummy about in my life is hitting hard today.
talk about hitting a girl when she's down.

here's the plan to get over this cold and find a better attitude:
found a replacement discussion leader for book group tonight. (thanks TS!)
i have on my navy sweats-so warm.
sheets are in the dryer for a nice, clean, warm bed.
i am drinking o.j., heating up chicken soup and toast. 
self medicating with good cold medicine and zinc products. 
curling up with my heating pad to get warmed up.
a chick flick.
lemon ginger tea with honey.
some deep uninterrupted sleep with ear plugs.
and faith that tomorrow will be better.

oh, and i'm calling in sick for work tomorrow...

...probably.

photo here

2 comments:

Grandma Boyer said...

Dad told me you had a cold. So sorry Hon. Wish I could do something for you. I'll call tomorrow to see if you are home or at work. Love Mom

Tanya S. said...

I hope you feel better soon. Here, have some germ-fighting kittens:

http://orangehoodie.com/photo/germfightingkittens.jpg