Tuesday, February 28, 2012

things that made me smile this week

* a south facing yard across the street is in full bloom with bright, sunny yellow daffodils. it makes me smile every time i go outside.

* meanwhile, my daffodils, tulips, crocuses and hyacinths are sending forth green shoots of plant life. my yard is north facing and doesn't get quite as much sun, so it's a little more slow going. but there are signs of life.

* reading four books in 4 days last week. i haven't done that in a while.

* dinner with great friend MJ. it was so great catching up with him and reliving a couple of funny moments from chief's training. plus the food at rosa mexicana is amazing.. the crab enchiladas are to die for.

* so, i'm chatting with a friend who tells me my birthday present is on order. i tell him that i have his birthday present and in fact had tried it on the other day, and it was pretty snug on my head and i was hoping his head was smaller than mine. he looked at me and said, "sooooooo, i'm getting a hat..." doh!

* a friend's birthday party with sparklers for candles on her cake. so much fun!

* almost a full week without desserts and other kinds of sweets. i like observing lent in my own little ways. helps me refocus energies and thoughts.

* my roommate brought this recipe home last week for kale pesto. it's like eating green sunshine. scramble a spoonful into scrambled eggs. eat it on baghette. add it to stir fry. stir into pasta. seriously, it's sooo good.

* my mom is almost committed to coming for a visit. please keep her in your prayers, as physically she's feeling a bit frail and not sure she's up to it.

* and finally this little picture from here. ha ha snort....

No comments: