it was a rough week, but there was plenty to smile about.
* a gorgeous spring-like day with birds singing, trees and flowers starting to bloom, sunshine and warmth all around. it was an absolutely gorgeous day.
* i recently bought this lovely jacket. it makes me smile whenever i wear it, and everywhere i go, i get the loveliest compliments on it. it's so much fun to wear.
* a friend and i took josiah out for a walk and watched him play at the dog park. he's so funny and the other dogs are fun to watch as well. some are so friendly and while others are so skittish. plus, it was nice to stand with my friend and chat as we watched the stars come out as the sun went down. venus and jupiter are so bright this time of year in the western sky.
* i worked from home one day because i was sick, and in between emails and phone calls on my dreaded blackberry, i also planned out my front garden for this year. i can't wait to get started. it's going to be an explosion of color.
* oh, and josiah is really great at warming up my feet too.
* an early birthday present from a friend, who knows and appreciates my love of star trek. yes, it's a star trek door chime with a motion sensor that sets off a klaxon. this will be great fun in the office! oh, and the hat fit him.
* on friday my roommate left close to midnight to drive up to new york because her baby sister was in labor and she was about to become an auntie again. this meant i got josiah all to myself this weekend. woohoo! while on a walk sunday morning, there was this cute little boy, probably about 18 months old, with blond hair, blue eyes and a brilliant smile who turned the corner in front of us, saw josiah and fell in love. he was soooo cute and excited to meet him. he wanted to pet josiah and instead of reaching out to pet his face, he knew just what to do. he walked over so that he was standing behind josiah's face, and reached out and tentatively touched him with his fingertips. he had the biggest smile on his face as he looked up at his dad. i loved that little kid.
* shakespeare is always fun, and the production of two gentleman of verona i saw on saturday night with some great friends was certainly entertaining.
* i watched this documentary on Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey. it's the loveliest film about following your passion and being supported by family and colleagues. i laughed and cried. when i grow up, i want to be like elmo.