Tuesday, February 9, 2010

in between the next snowpacolypse

Thankfully, there was a break in the snow today.  But it has started snowing again.  There is a light dusting already on my steps and the path I shoveled earlier.  More to come...

I most of today out and about.  I needed to be out of my house for a while, and I needed to be around other humans.  I walked down to the Eastern Market area, and got my nails done, went to the library and CVS, got some lunch at Le Pain Quotidien (yum), and went grocery shopping at Eastern Market.  There were no lines there, and I always feel like the prices are better.  Plus, it's the only place I know where I can buy only four strips of bacon at a time, and instead of change at the produce stands they give oranges.  Yay for Eastern Market!

There is an igloo in Lincoln Park today!
Everyone was out enjoying the break in the weather,
including exhausted parents with stir crazy kids.

The route around the inside of the park is ice from all the kids with sleds going round and round.
I almost fell several times, and started walking on the snow instead.

A snowy view of the Library of Congress dome.

My treat from bakery at Eastern Market.
A Red Velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting.  Yum!

Let it snow.  Let it snow.  Let it sn...
Enough already for this city.


photos by me

No comments: