Sunday, April 8, 2012

a 45 minute tour of the national gallery for my sister becky

In 2010 when my sister and parents came out for a visit, my sister's camera was giving her fits and she lost a lot of photos she had taken one day. It's rare that I see my sister cry, and she was super upset that day. So, when Mom was here we went back to the Smithsonian National Gallery of Art and re-traced Becky's tour using this guide for a 45 minute tour, which sends you to the highlights.

Fra Angelico and FraFilippo Lippi, The Adoration of the Magi
Leonardo da Vinci, Ginerva de' Benci

Raphael, The Niccolini-Cowper Maddona
Rogier van der Weyden, Portrait of a Lady
Rembrandt van Rijn, The Mill
Johannes Vermeer, Woman Holding a Balance
Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres,
Madame Moitessier
Augustus Saint-Gaudens, Shaw Memorial
Childe Hassam, Allies Day
Vincent Van Gogh, Self Portrait
Paul C├ęzanne, The Peppermint Bottle
Claude Monet, Rouen Cathedral, West Facade, Sunlight
And that, my dear sister, is the 45 minute tour.
Mom wanted to do this for you. I was more than happy to comply.
It was a fun afternoon with her in the museum. 
It brought back memories of London.


No comments: