Sunday, April 8, 2012

a 45 minute tour of the national gallery for my sister becky

In 2010 when my sister and parents came out for a visit, my sister's camera was giving her fits and she lost a lot of photos she had taken one day. It's rare that I see my sister cry, and she was super upset that day. So, when Mom was here we went back to the Smithsonian National Gallery of Art and re-traced Becky's tour using this guide for a 45 minute tour, which sends you to the highlights.

Fra Angelico and FraFilippo Lippi, The Adoration of the Magi
Leonardo da Vinci, Ginerva de' Benci

Raphael, The Niccolini-Cowper Maddona
Rogier van der Weyden, Portrait of a Lady
Rembrandt van Rijn, The Mill
Johannes Vermeer, Woman Holding a Balance
Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres,
Madame Moitessier
Augustus Saint-Gaudens, Shaw Memorial
Childe Hassam, Allies Day
Vincent Van Gogh, Self Portrait
Paul Cézanne, The Peppermint Bottle
Claude Monet, Rouen Cathedral, West Facade, Sunlight
And that, my dear sister, is the 45 minute tour.
Mom wanted to do this for you. I was more than happy to comply.
It was a fun afternoon with her in the museum. 
It brought back memories of London.


No comments: