Monday, April 30, 2012

things that made me smile this week

* i was in a real crummy mood this week, and on monday night a good friend took me out to the arcade. we had so much fun playing fruit ninja. my score was -21 on the first round, because i was slashing at every piece of fruit on the screen, instead of only the blue-circled pieces. great for taking out my aggression. we played guitar hero and my score was 0, because i didn't realize that i was supposed to be strumming as well as pushing the buttons. we played air hockey--totally fun! and pacman, and a trivia game. it was a fun night. did i mention that this was my first visit ever in my life to an arcade?

* it was a bit of a downer of a week. i spent it closing down the office in annapolis. i successfully got all the equipment and furniture returned. i also spent a couple of hours setting up the new office. i'm gonna miss the commute and the people with whom i worked. it was a fun week even though i was sad about it all ending.

* there was this rather large painting that had to be returned. silly me, i thought that it would fit in my car. good friend with a truck came to my rescue. we even got special access to parking at the pentagon so we wouldn't have to walk a mile with a 50'x60' oil-on-canvas original painting of the assault on fallujah flapping in 20 mile-an-hour wind gusts. it was quite an adventure. thank you choo choo.

* an afternoon of indian food, shopping, serious girl talk and the movie chimpanzee. much needed retail and friendship therapy.

* this scripture which an amazing friend shared with me:  ...and thus doth the Lord work with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the arm of mercy towards them that put their trust in him (Mosiah 29:20).

* the cutest phone message from niece L and nephew G, thanking me for their birthday gifts. i keep phone messages and listen to them again and again, resaving them each time they pop up in my voice mail queue.

* i have the most beautiful red roses blooming in the backyard. yay!


* and this will be blooming soon.
 

* gorgeousness abounds!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

The picture of the rose is so lovely! Sorry it was a bit of a downer of a week. Good things are ahead for you!!!

Grandma Boyer said...

The roses are so beautiful. They should bring you lots of joy.