Sunday, April 4, 2010

mmmmmm, cake!

If you like Angel Food cake, you're really like gonna like this twist.

The ingredients: Angel Food cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple.
The jelly beans are for later.

Dump the cake mix and the entire can of crushed pineapple in a bowl.
Do NOT add the water, which the directions on the box call for.
The pineapple has enough liquid for the mix.

Follow the directions on the box for mixing the ingredients together.

Then pour the batter into a baking dish of your choosing.
If you use a mold like I did, then be sure to overfill it.
I baked the leftover batter in a 9'x13' cake pan.
Follow the baking instructions on the box.

This is the finished product.
I used the cake from the regular cake pan as the base,
frosted it extra creamy Cool Whip,
and sprinkled green coconut for grass.
I placed the lamb cake on top,
covered it with more cool whip and coconut
and gave it a face with two black jelly beans for eyes
and a pink jelly bean for a cute little nose.

Normally, the lamb mold would be sitting upright on the plate,
but the cake collapsed and I only got half a lamb.
Oh well, it's still pretty cute and was a hit at our picnic this afternoon.

This is the yummiest Angel Food cake ever.
It's like eating a piƱa colada.  YUM!

Thanks to my friend K.L. for loaning me the cake mold this weekend,
and the great twist on an Angel Food cake recipe.


photos by me while baking in my kitchen early this morning

and yes, tara, i'm channeling thepioneerwoman.com

3 comments:

meg fee said...

ahhhhh! a lamb cake?! i have a bunny cake that i do, so i must take this up immediately. i'll be that girl who only makes animal cakes!!

you're right the feeling does pass--must hold onto that.

xo

Tara said...

Cute! And not bad in fat either, with the angel food cake and the cool whip. Not bad at all...

Lisa said...

Delish!!! I love this recipe. How easy. Thanks for pointing me in the right "food" direction. I may be making this for Memorial Day. Have a great weekend:)
Love, Lisa