Monday, April 12, 2010

winning the battle - week five

1 pound down this week.

So, I'm learning I can't just wing this.  It's hard work to stick to a diet and a workout routine.  I knew this, but I feel like I'm learning it again.  Funny how that works.  And when I don't stick to the diet, I sure do know it on Monday morning when I step on the scale.  So, this week I will stick to the diet, which means really thinking about portions and choosing the foods which are on the diet.

On the upside, my clothes are starting to fit differently.  For instance, I wore one of my favorite shirts today and instead of pulling around my belly and waist, it totally hung really nice and cute.  I felt like I looked skinnier, because the shirt was hanging right.

The running feels good.  On Saturday, T.T. and I ran the Swamp Trail at Theodore Roosevelt Island, which is part of the George Washington Memorial Parkway.  I loved it.  The Swamp Trail is part dirt/mud/rock/log trail and part wooden bridge through the swampy part of the island.  It's beautiful and has great views of Georgetown, the Kennedy Center and DC.  We ran the loop twice and finished in 35 minutes.

So the battle continues, one pound and one step at a time.

swamp trail image from: nps.gov

2 comments:

Globe Trecker said...

I think you nailed it when you said you've realized that you can't "wing it". So so true. I've realized this the past few months as trying to lose and only get progress when there is focus and not a lot of splurges. I've found a few sites that have great low fat, lower carb alternatives to great meals. It really helps to get the same general taste & feel of a recipe but to have it tweaked so that it's way healthier.

Oh yes, and exercise. Good on ya!

Tara said...

It's so easy to put on and so hard to loose! It's always amazed me how hard it is to loose even 1 pound, yet you can gain 5 just smelling chocolate. I don't understand why it's not balanced.