Monday, April 26, 2010

winning the battle - week 7

1 pound down this week.  slow and steady wins the race.  right?

sometimes, i feel like i'm getting nowhere with this.  last week every work out was a battle with myself to keep going.  i would start my run and immediately bounce off that brick wall.  i would get on the ellyptical and boom!  there was that wall again.  i just wanted to get over that wall last week.  i had to push and pull myself to keep going to get over that wall.  i did my workouts, but they just didn't feel as good as they have been.

i have a confession to make.  it's a pretty shameful, dirty, little secret.  i love whopper jr.  i love the smaller size, the grilled flavor, the onion and pickle, and the sauce.  oh, i love whopper jr.  in fact, i crave whopper jr, fries and a diet coke.  i drove by whopper jr this afternoon.  it would have been so easy to stop, but i kept right right on going.  i didn't give into that little voice in my ear.  instead i thought about how much work i would have to do to undo whopper jr, and to be honest i'm just too tired right now to do all that work right now.  salad and jenny entree here i come! 

image from: wikimedia.org

2 comments:

Tara said...

way to tell that whopper jr. where to go!

Globe Trecker said...

Awesome!

(I really like the Whopper Jr's too--seriously good but 370 calories). I figure if I don't eat them very often I can still indulge once in awhile (ahem...right?)