Monday, April 5, 2010

winning the battle - week 4

this week 0 pounds lost, but none gained either.

it was easter and we had a picnic potluck.  the food was amazing and all homemade:  carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, croissants (yes, homemade) with chicken salad, guacamole and chips, hummus and pita, couscous with roasted peppers, fruit salad, chocolate chip cookies, easter eggs, angel food cake, sweet sticky rice with mango and coconut milk, carrot sticks, vegetarian salad nicoise and lime-ginger macaroons. oh yeah, i ate the food.

the good news is that i ran three times last week and felt great.  my running partner and i are a good team.  she's good at getting us started and i'm good at keeping us going when we want to stop.  we are having fun.

i'm enjoying being on this diet, because i'm learning really how to make up menus and pay attention to quantities.  it really does help to follow a menu and track everything i eat.  it makes it easier for me to eat right and well.  planning menus in advance also helps me know what to eat and when, and takes the guess work out of it.  plus, at the end of the day when i'm tired and just come in from running, i don't have to decide what to eat, the decision is already made for me.  i like that.

this week i have my work cut out for me, but then i knew i would after eating all that lovely food on sunday.  life is short and dessert should be eaten first.

me, out for a run.
we can call this a before shot.

funny story about this photo.
two guys with heavy accents stopped me during my run for directions.
in exchange, i asked one to take my photo.
he took the photo and as he handed me back my camera said,
"you don't look as hot as you think you are."
i wasn't sure whether to be offended or laugh,
or if he was referring to the fact that my face was bright red
from the heat.
so i just started running again and laughed.
whatever . . .


photo taken by, quite possibly a very rude, random tourist

No comments: