Tuesday, December 22, 2009

a christmas elf

Dad, this post is for you.
From your Christmas Elf.
This year I really was an Elf.



Aren't these girls so cute?!?!
I'm so blessed to work with such fun people.



Sometimes I can be a little sElf conscious. 
As you can see above, this was not one of those times. 
I had to be jolly and full of Christmas spirit and spunk.
I was part of the holiday spirit posse at the work Christmas party.
This wasn't too hard because basically my normal sElf is very outgoing and happy.
Do you know which Elf movie I'm from?



Everybody told me I could just wear the little costume
and not worry about it being too short.  Ha!
They said I could just be mysElf and no one would say anything.
While that was flattering, my more modest sElf was not entirely comfortable
with the idea of such a short skirt.
As you can see from the photo above, the skirt was short, really short.
I think the costume really was made for an Elf.
 
I was glad I was wearing the Christmas snowflake boxers for two reasons:
they helped me feel modest,
and
because at this point the waist band of my tights were nowhere near my waist. 
I hate to think just how sElf conscious I would have been without the boxers.
I think I would have been labelled an Elf-hibitionist or worse.



Buddy, the Elf, and I enjoying the last dance together.
We closed the party down.
It was great fun!

If you'd like to elf yourself, try this link:  http://www.elfyourself.com/
Let your sElf go and have some fun.

Have fun making this Christmas merry and bright.


photos by my good friend drpA


No comments: