Thursday, December 17, 2009

the real reason



Six years ago today my youngest brother Chris died in a ski accident.
I'm really feeling it this year, because I won't be going home for Christmas.
I miss him.  I miss my family.

This is a time when we get to reflect on great joy and promise.
I remember how hard it was to find the joy that year.
My belief and faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ made finding the joy a lot easier.
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not:
for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people" (Luke 2:10).

The good tidings of great joy are that a baby was born in Bethlehem,
who is our Savior.
Thanks to Him, the promise of life everlasting is true.

This is the real reason I love Christmas.





photo by me




1 comment:

Globe Trecker said...

Thanks for sharing this post:)