Sunday, December 20, 2009

why?

I called home this evening, and my mom was busy being grandma.  I talked with my nephew Lane and here's how the conversation went.

Lane: Are you coming over?
Me: No.
Lane: Why not?
Me: Because I live really far away.
Lane: Well you can drive.
Me: It would take me three days to drive there.  It's really far.
Lane: Oh...  Well, where are your kids?
Me: I don't have any kids.
Lane: Why?
Me: Because I'm not married.
Lane: Why?
Me: I haven't found a boy who wants to marry me.
Lane: Why?
Me: Because Heavenly Father hasn't said it's time for me to get married.
Lane: Why?
Me: I don't know.
Lane: Well, tell him it's time.
Me: Okay.  Will you tell him too?
Lane: Yes.  Heavenly Father it's time for Christine to get married.

Are you listening, God?
Here's hoping.

4 comments:

Miss Swales said...

i had a similar conversation with my niece the other week. she is convinced that i can't be a grown up unless i am married.

i am more than happy to accept her reasoning!

Globe Trecker said...

Haha, kids are cute. And very inquisitive!

christine said...

A few years ago one of my nieces decided it was time for a new uncle. She said she got one when my sister got married, so it was time for me to get married.

I love my nieces and nephews.

deb sorensen said...

ummmm...that's the sweetest thing ever.