Wednesday, December 30, 2009

i love technology

i just web cammed with my family for the first time ever.
it was fun to see everyone live and in color.

my nephew lane blew me kisses and said he missed me.
"you need to come here right now," he said.
"i can't, beccause i live too far away," i said.
"why?" he asked.
(i've been asking myself that a lot this week too.)
he told me to stick out my tongue so he could see it.
then he stuck his tongue out too, so I could see it.
eee-eww!

my nephew brodee picked his nose and ate it, while his dad was talking to me.
it was hilarious. 
apparently, it tastes good, because he went right back in for another one.

my nephew ghent said hi.
he was too busy doing other things to say much more.

i watched my brother rob give the nephews horse rides
and
wrestle with them.

my mom and dad look older, but still the same.
they like this webcam thing.
i gave them a tour of the living room of my new apartment.
(i know, i know.  i owe the rest of you photos.)

i saw my nephew garrett's long-ish hair.
his voice is suddenly so deep.
gotta love puberty.

i love that the tech guru in the family is my sis-in-law, nick.
rob couldn't get the video call up and going,
but nick did, right after i downloaded the update.

i saw my sister, becky's, very blond hair.
it now matches her youngest boy's hair color.
very cute, but i like her better with her natural color.

i missed seeing my nephew miles, 'cause he was sleeping.
it was great to see jon & jeny though.
jon was reading books to the nephews and jeny was listening.
i wanted to be there to listen too.

technology is amazing.
it's so cool to think i was sitting here in dc
watching my family in UT
and they were watching me
in real time.
okay, there was like a three second delay, but still...

i love technology.




No comments: