Monday, December 28, 2009

christmas gifts

Christmas Day has come and gone.  The climatic ending of weeks and in some cases months of preparations.  The presents wrapped and placed under the tree, the packages and cards placed in the mail, the cookies and goodies baked and plated, Santa's sleigh all packed up and the reindeer at the ready, the Nativity story ready to be read aloud and families gathered together when they can.  All the trimmings of the season and I'm always a bit sad to see them end.

An old friend of mine said to me recently that when he is old and senile and doesn't know where he is, he wants it to be Christmas every day where his mind is.  I like that idea, not the getting old and senile part of it but the idea of Christmas every day where my mind and heart are.  As I've thought recently about things I want to accomplish this year, I've wondered what I can do to make it Christmas every day in my life.  I love the feelings of Christmas, the spirit of giving, the spirit of Christ and the spirit of love.

By living the gospel of Christ and letting His light shine through me, I can feel Christmas every day and just maybe I can help others feel His love and light too.  I think this is the best gift of Christmas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Me on Christmas night after a long day at work.

I had a great Christmas.  It was different from any Christmas I've had.  I didn't get to see my family this year.  I spent the day working here not exactly ideal, but it was still a good day.  I took my small electric skillet in with me and cooked scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage for everyone.  It was a pretty quiet day until this happened, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  I got to eat Christmas dinner with my BFF roommates from London.  It was great to have them here and they shared in my excitement as I opened my Christmas gifts.


photo by my friend sara




No comments: