Monday, December 28, 2009

lights!


Tonight my good friend Pam called and invited me for an outing
to the Washington, DC LDS Temple Festival of Lights.
I love Christmas lights, so I was excited to go.
Temple Square Christmas in Salt Lake City, UT is the best, but this was almost as good.


Pam and I posing in front of the Temple.
Pam is one of my best friends here in DC.
I've been assigned as her visiting teacher for almost four years
and we have so much fun together.


Over 500,000 lights light up the gardens surrounding the temple and visitor's center.
The lights on the ground in the shape of flowers were my favorites. Flower lights!


Even the pussy willow trees were decorated for the season. So pretty.


I loved this blue tree.


Such a beautiful building with all the lights.


Christmas lights symbolize to me the light of Christ, which help keep Him at the heart of the season.

I hope you felt His light and love this season.


photos by me


2 comments:

Globe Trecker said...

How I love the D.C. Temple lights! Great pictures!

janie said...

It's so good to see you and Pam...and the beautiful DC temple. I'm glad we found your blog. Jane and Alan