Thursday, June 24, 2010

"The central purpose of our mortal probation is to prepare to meet God and inherit the blessings He has promised to His worthy children. The Savior set the pattern during His earthly ministry and encouraged those who followed Him to become His disciples.


"The following has been written about discipleship: “The word disciple comes from the Latin [meaning] a learner. A disciple of Christ is one who is learning to be like Christ—learning to think, to feel, and to act [like] he does. To be a true disciple, to fulfill that learning task, is the most demanding regimen known to man. No other discipline compares … in either requirements or rewards. It involves the total transformation of a person from the state of the natural man to that of [a] saint, one who loves the Lord and serves with all of his heart, might, mind, and strength.”" -El. L. Tom Perry, “Discipleship,” Liahona, Jan 2001

2 comments:

Cha said...

The past two days, I've had a "head on collision" with my weaknesses; I needed to read this quote and remember my purpose. It sure helped me become humble and truly desire the right thing.
...and, I love your blog design. I noticed when I had our blogs up next to each other :)
Thank you for being such a great example.

Globe Trecker said...

This is a beautiful reminder of what to strive towards. Note that it doesn't say one has to be perfect ... but it does say discipline. I so need to do better each day!