Saturday, June 19, 2010

romance shmomance

not much has changed since I wrote this.

Originally written in 22 January 2007

I just read a friends blog about failed relationships and I'm thinking, whoa, you really have lost hope. My mom says I'm a hopeless romantic, but I say I'm a hopeful romantic.

Hopeful, because I've had it in my hands. I've been in love. I've been swept off my feet by the hopeless romantic. I've been seduced by love and the promise of happily ever after, into giving my heart to an ultimately undeserving hopeless romantic. I've loved, hated, talked, cried, shouted, cried some more and had my heart broken.

Love sucks, yet it's the most wonderful gift I've ever had. I want it again, and I have complete faith that because it found me once, it will find me again.

Someone once said to me as we ended our relationship that in our case the reward wasn't worth the risk. He was right. He was not worth the risk.

Love, however, is worth the risk... completely worth the risk. Even the risk of breaking my heart, and crushing my hope once again. It is so worth it.

So, here I am. Ready to leap...

No comments: